The extent of the parish of
Fownhope on the 1840 tithe map.
The southern portions are now
in the parishes of Brockhampton and Sellack.
These areas were probably
colonised by the English towards the end of the Saxon period.
The are likely to correspond with the Fownhope manor held be
Thorkell the White in the reign of Edward the Confessor.