Hoarwithy Mill was sold to Alfred Locke in 1903.
Locke, in turn sold it to Thomas Dance, the former landlord of
the New Harp at Hoarwithy. Dance converted Hoarwithy Mill to
from water-power to electricity and died in 1940, when he was
described as a 'Miller, Corn and Coal Merchant and Haulier'.
The next owner, Thomas Henry Oldis, continued to mill corn on
the site. Hoarwithy Mill was still working in 1970 but had
ceased production by 1978.
Old Mill is now
a guesthouse and a self-catering cottage.
Mills on the
Wriggles Brook on Isaac Taylor's 1754 map of Herefordshire
marked by the circular symbols with a dot in the middle. The
Old Mill at Horewithy, 'Horewithy', is just to the left of the
north-south road through the village. There is no bridge to
carry the road across the stream.