Home

News

Project Info

History

The River Wye

Links

How Caple Herefordshire

 

   

The view from Rattle Hill across parts of the parishes of How Caple, Brockhampton and Kings Caple

   

The road along the ridge at Rattle Hill is the boundary between the parishes of How Caple and Sollers Hope.

   

How Caple Court with the church of SS Andrew and Mary in foreground. The gardens are open to the public during the summer.

Photograph Chris Musson & the Woolhope Naturalists' Field Club

 

 

How Caple was Capel in Domesday and was a manor of the (Cathedral) Church of Hereford. There were five hides which which paid tax.  There were nine villeins and a bordar with eight ploughs. There were three slaves - one male and two female.

There was a mill at three shillings and eight acres of meadow.

How Caple Church and Court in 1895. There are many more trees now.

 

 

How Caple Church in 2006

 

 

The barn at How Caple Court and the post office and garden centre shop.

   

How Caple church in 1850

   

The Hamlet of Stocking, How Caple

 

 

Caple Mead, Stocking

   
   

How Caple GENUKI pages

Archaeological records from How Caple are held on Historic Herefordshire On Line

Back to TOP

 

Wye Valley History pages

maintained by Archenfield Archaeology Ltd

           

This project was part-financed by the European Union (EAGGF) and DEFRA through the Herefordshire Rivers LEADER+ Programme.